At Boughton Square Animal Clinic, we strive to keep all of our patients as safe and comfortable as possible before, during, and after their surgeries. Our team understands that even for a minor procedure, it can be stressful to place your pet into someone else’s care. We encourage you to ask any questions you have about your pet’s surgery and recovery, and to alert us to your concerns. You can be assured that we abide by the strictest safety standards and provide each patient with the necessary pain relief to help them recover in comfort.
Safety Protocols We Follow for Every Pet Surgery
Making surgery the safest it can be for our patients means minimizing risk. We do this by:
- Examining every pet and doing blood work to evaluate their health and check for underlying illness
- Selecting the amount of anesthesia your pet will need based on their weight, age, and overall health
- Closely monitoring your pet throughout their surgery with state-of-the-art equipment and a dedicated technician
- Keeping your pet warm during surgery to prevent their body temperature from dropping
- Giving your pet the necessary pain relief to ease their recovery
Treatment may involve eye drops, medication, or possibly surgery. For conditions such as glaucoma, there is no cure, and removal of the eye may be necessary to give your pet a better quality of life.
Cat and Dog Surgeries We Perform in Bolingbrook
Our veterinarians routinely perform various soft tissue surgeries within our two spacious, fully-equipped surgery suites. These include:
- Spays and neuters
- Abdominal surgeries
- Growth and tumor removals
- Wound/laceration repair
- …and more
If we examine your pet and find that they will need a more advanced procedure, we can refer you to a qualified specialist.