Pet emergencies always take priority at our hospital. If your pet is sick or injured or ingested something toxic, please call our emergency vet right away at (630) 759-0093 and head over to our facility in Bolingbrook, IL. By contacting us ahead of your arrival, our team will be able to prepare a treatment room and admit your pet right away.
When Would My Pet Need an Emergency Vet?
Below are some of the most common instances where a pet should see an emergency vet right away. If there is ever a situation in which your pet is obviously in pain and distress, don’t hesitate to call us or take them to the emergency vet.
- Trouble breathing
- Is in pain
- Prolonged vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Eye injury or other eye-related issue
- Trouble urinating or passing stool
- Laceration, puncture, or burn injuries
- Loss of consciousness
- Foreign body ingestion (ate a sock, toy, etc.)
- Ingested rat poison, medication, or potentially harmful foods
- Abdomen appears bloated and feels hard
- Has not eaten in 48 hours
The ASPCA Poison Control Center is a good source of information regarding pet poisoning. You can also contact them at any time of day for a consultation (there is a $65 fee) if you have any concerns. They can be reached at (888) 426-4435.